Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Thoughts....

So I've ta go to work in a few minutes.
But I've been sitting here with Smeels for the past half an hour talking about life...
You know, one of those conversations.

I think you all deserve to read the minutes of the conversation.

Here goes:

Where to start....

Maybe with my profession, when I decided to take the path of a musician, it was not met with scorn, nor was it met with enthusiasm. I think it was more of an acceptance.
I'm very happy I decided to see it through.
I love playing.
And to have made money, made a living off what I love, has been a great, rewarding journey.
One which proved alot to me in my head.
That I can apply myself.

Now that I have a trade, of sorts, under my belt, it has given me confidence to go try something else, whether it be recreational or not.

What I'm trying to says is,
I'm ready for change again.

But not a complete overhaul, just a fork in the road.

I always get excited when this happens in my life.

We were also talking about parents.
And the relationship between kids and parents.
We've come to the conclusion that during the teenage years, the kids run off to find a base away from home, send out the feelers if you will.
And parents know this, but the kids don't know the parents know, well they don't make a conscious decision to that end.
But at the end of the teen years, a child comes back to try and find the base it had left before, to find the comfort, and innocence of childhood.
Only it's gone, and that's what finishes the teenage period.

For a child to openly converse with a parent as a peer leaves a deep mark on the child, the child will always hold on to a bit of that childhood "My Dad and Mam said so, so it must be true"
so anything the child here's in these conversations, and opinions or facts, it takes very seriously.

Parents are great.

Parents have lived the years we are in now.
They have resolved some of the situations we find ourselves in.
They have left some behind.
And maybe this helps the child realise at some stage that, maybe the folks were right, they've been here before.
Maybe it creats a barrier, as the child is still on the journey, and so has to finish it.

Maybe I'm rambling.
Maybe not.
But I know I'm late for work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Beansie...good lord man, doing some serious reflecting with Smeels there (Hey Louise!). What were you smoking? Just kidding :)

11:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home