Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The foot incident

The phone rings in the room.
I turn off the shower and proceed to the bathroom door in my towel.
Having trouble opening the lock, due to the door being warped and causing tension on the lock, I try lean my shoulder against it.
I slip across the door. Shoulder's too wet.
Phone still ringing.
"Grab the lock and kick with your foot while holding the towel Bean" - I said to myself.
*Kick*
The phone stops ringing.
Someones talking on the phone....Tim.
Tim has answered it.
Good man Tim.
Then it hits.
An intense pain in the foot.
After a muffled curse and some moaning I go out into the room, the plot to open the door was successful.
I take the phone, it's Mam.
I'm slipping on something....
Blood.

As it turns out, there was the flat head of a nail(Shtuck out about 5mm) keeping the bottom of the warped door in place.
"Mam can you ring me back in three minutes?"

What a bloody arsh eh?!

Well it's not brilliant I can tell you.
It puts a dampener on the things I came to Chiang Mai for: A hill trek, perusing markets, foot massage and the biggest rock climbing in south east asia.
Foiled.

Well that's what I get.

Here's some photos of it all better after the blood stopped:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is you tetanus up-to-date young man?

9:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home