Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ho Chi Minh is frozen!

Ho Chi Minh isn't dead!
He's just frozen for the last thirty seven years. And every winter his frozen corpse and the frozen corpses of Mao and Lenin meet for touch ups. This is sad but true.

We went to see his frozen corpse, which is on display in a mausoleum beside the Ho Chi Minh museum. He's looking well for pushing 120!

Vietnamese are amazed by my beard.
I've had to pose for photos with people, south koreans too. Some have video cameras too, quite scary actually.
Some stare.
Some complement my beard.
Some have asked if I'm Bin laden, or his brother!

I bet now that I've written Bin Laden on my site, it will be put into some data bank for the CIA or some such to gawk at.
So I'll add these words too for them:
Bomb.
Terrorist.
Arab.
Nuclear.
Infidels.
and finally:
Joke.

Definitely getting on that data bank now!
Too soon?

I've come to the conclusion that Burma is not going to happen.
We're having awful trouble with getting a visa, and are going to have to pay again for one, if we can get one.
Also we're going to have to fly into the cities as no roads lead to the border crossings.
I've no time left to wait around.

Here's my plan:
Fly to Bangkok(I'm doomed to return to this place eternally) tomorrow night, get a night train the next night to Chiang Mai, and hopefully do a certified Thai massage course with the rest of my time, mingled with some excursions into the surrounding jungle.

Suggestions on a postcard.

Failing all, it's back down to Koh Tao, and Dive! Dive! Dive!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terracotta Warriors. Do it for meeeeeeeeeee...

12:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home