Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Leaving Las Agnes

Tis Thursday.
We aren't actually leaving 'til 7.00AM Saturday morning, but tomorrow will be spent on the Great Barrier Reef, completing the last two dives of our advanced course.
As a result, we've packed up our wonderful home at the campsite, and are crashing at the house of Will.

Here's some interesting things over the past week or so:

1. During the night dive, Tim and Macleod saw a Blind Shark! Which, oddly enough, was the least dangerous thing we saw out there...

2. Cathy. Poor Cathy. She has so many nicknames now. Here's how they progressed:
Eggy Cathy (Due to a fart in the car months ago at Phillip Island, Victoria)
Egbert
Egbert Ramsbottom
Eggbog
Eggbog Ramchunkin
Eggpot
Egblurt
Egblurtina
Egbertina (You think we would have got this one earlier eh?)
The Blurtmeister
Eggbot
- Now!
The Blurtmeister is Eggbogs favourite though. Egbert is the standard though

3. When Egbert was cleaning the windows of Sheila the other day, a Tiger Snake brushed by her leg! She didn't panic or jump, and he just went on his merry way!

4. Myself and Tim went for a night surf. I'm so happy I did this, it was one of the highlights so far. On our last full moon in Oz, we took advantage of the bright night, and went out into the surf at dusk, watched the sunset, and shtuck around in there for a few hours. Magic

5. Whilst catching a meaty wave the other day, I surfed through a big surf school, to hear the instructor roar out "Everyone watch, there's a surfer coming through!" and they all hop out of my way and observe. Well it was a great moment for me :)

6. I fell asleep last night during a really big Aussie rugby match, they won't let me live it down, I even started snoring, which I don't ever do, I think it was all the beer!

7. We were out surfing with a pro surfer the last two days. Nice guy as well, which is cool.

So here's the plan:
We've two and a half weeks left in Oz.
Which is crazy.
The stops on the coast, in order are are: Airlie Beach/Whitsundays, Mackay, Townsville, Cairns, Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation. If we can fit it, Yeppoon and surrounds as well, which is just above Agnes here.

Smeels needs to do a sky dive.
We need to get to Cairns and advertise the van and car.
We need to post shtuff home.
We need to book a flight from Cairns to Sydney.
I need to see the Blue Mountains when I get to Sydney, and post a box home.

My time is up here now.

Goodbye Agnes!
I loved it here.
I will hopefully come back some day.

Take care all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still having fun i see bean!! Enjoy. Aislinn

4:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home