Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Tin Roof

I'm wet, tired, hungry, yet happy. It's 5.30 A.M., I've slept for tweo hours, hold on, lets start earlier today....
Wat po - A beautifultemple, well collection of temples. The first University in Thailand, home to the reclining Buddha Nellie!
Hold on, just getting a beer...
Now!
So I'm writing my entries into a notebook to post at a later date, amnt I great!
OK, so after more fights with tuk-tuk drivers, we got our tickets for Koh Tao: an island off south Thailand FYI!. We were told 6 o'cock, we checked some bags in, to be minded 'til we're back, ate the toughest chicken ever, they actually gave me a steak knife, which turned into a butter knife by the time i was finished hacking with it.
6 o'clock - rain, no bus
7 o'clock - still raining, no bus
8 o'clock rain stops, bus comes Yey!
After 20 minutes we had moved approx. 30 feet fue to Bangkok traffic (Thank God I decided against renting an auld car in the end...) B ut we were soon on our way. With a stop in a Gecko infested Rat pit, on a dirt patch on the side of the road, for the worst toilet in Thailand, and the rudest shop assistant, well stall assistant.
Anywhooo, I was shoiok awake after getting our ears BLASTED by dvds on our "VIP" reclining seat bus and out we hopped to wait for our bus to the boat.
4 o'clock - rain
5 o'clock - rain, some joker asking for money to drop us to the ferry port
5.20 - off we go down 60Baht each, in the back of this jokers pickup truck with a tin roof over us against the elements.
He takers the scenic route to another bus termional, but thankfully this oneI'm sitting in now has an offical air about it.
Well we're told 6.30 AM the bus will be here to pick us up and bring us to the ferry
Sleep mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

Amelia will be known as Smeels from now on, she is writing a dairy, here is her entry for today:
"I fucking hate Tom Cruise"
-It's a long story, but I feel her pain.
This place smells.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home