Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Almost there

I'm back in Bangkok, after getting the train - which was fifteen hours in a seat instead of a bed - I was pleasantly surprised at how energetic I was when I got here.
Back in the same room, in the same guesthouse from before leaving for Chiang Mai, have my airport bus booked, have taken most of the junk out of my bag and have enough money for four more meals and ten more beers.
Perfect!

Chiang Mai, I like it there, it was like a retreat in the end.
I met some cool people:
Claire, who is flying around the same time tomorrow night to London, so we're meeting for one last beer in the airport before our flights - ahhh the last Singha supper...
Steve, who is a middle-aged, quiet wanderer of the world from the edge of the countryside near Brisbane. He says he's off to San Francisco sometime soon, I wouldn't be surprised if I met him there some year, playing chess with the bums and living the beat life.
What a character...

Well I best go think of a decent last day travelling post for tomorrow, as all the posts for the last two months or so have been of low grade quality, due to me being lazy, and not caring as much for it!

Here's a few photos:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home