Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Qualified

I'm now a qualified open water diver, have a PADI cert ta prove it :)
Dives one and two went great yesterday, was very cool to actually be swimming with the fish on the reef. It took the wind out of me though!
After a night-time cruise on the bike around the island I was ready for bed. Lucky I was, as we were up at 6 this morning for dives three and four. Dives three and four...what an experience. For the few who know it, and the majority who don't....I hate sharks. No I'm scared shitless of them, hate is wrong there! Well I didn't see one, well tehcnically not. I saw a Whale Shark, swam with it. Before we go on, lets pull up some Whale Shark facts:-

1. Endangered: Less than 2000 left in the world.

2. Grow to 15metres. (our one was 4 and a half, or 14 feet)

3. Are the largest Fish in the world.

4. Eat Plankton, thus I wasn't soiling myself when I saw it.

OK so after dive three, dive four was cool, lots of shoals of exotic fish, and more beautiful coral formations.
A final exam and we were qualified.
A trip to the store and Bean gets wet suit and boots.
An excursion to Pub to watch a Dvd made of the Dives.
A bumpy ride back to write this, and now, I think a few more beers and I'll sleep like a log

Good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home