Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Drifting down the auld river

This is great.
I'm currently staying in a Lao family home, after finishing din-dins. I can't really see what I'm writing, as the village here has no electricity.
We are travelling in a lake boat, of sorts,( or maybe you'd call it a tree trunk hollowed out, somewhere betwix the two.) down the length of the Namtha river. We've stopped here for the night as it's a two day drift. The river winds through the jungle and we've got two cool French friends I met to share the boat we hired.
This is the life.
I cant' see anymore, the candle we have is almost gone.

I've never seen so many stars, you can see the milky way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home