Beans On Tour

Crazy Irish Kid Set Loose On Oz and Southeast Asia. Click the archives for old news, and scroll down here for the new! God bless Ireland

My Photo
Name:
Location: Athlone - Soon to be in Asia!, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

Welcome to my blog for the trip to SE Asia. Leave a comment if you can, t'will be greatly appreciated! ;) Hope you enjoy.

Monday, September 26, 2005

County Laos

OK, I've calmed down now, I've come to be happy that it was only money, not the wnd of the world!
We went on our "Trek" today. It was four days, then three, then two for a good while, and at the last minute one day.
I've mixed feelings....it was a degrading day for the animail kingdom. Elephant rides, Oxen drawn carriages and chained Monkeys. The only creatures that seemed in anyway free were the Butterflies, but the chains hanging as doors on the small enclosure soon quenched that thought!
I'm gonna try get some of these photos up somehow, I might send them on to animal rights groups too, while I'm at it.
You should've seen the foot deep mcuky shite the Oxen were whipped to pull us through, the Elephants were plunging three feet at times, due to the rainy season having just ended up here. On second thoughts I enjoyed one part very much, the jungle, oh two things, the bamboo rafting.
Such noble creatures, those Elephants, and they had them painting flowers, playing harmonicas(and drums and shakers.... and giving massages???) and other such circus type crap.
Met a sound English lad ( I know) but sure enough, a complete English tosser wasn't far behind. There's alwasy one says you!
Went to an Orchid farm, that was cool, Smeels tells me I must read The Orchid Thief and wathc Adaptation.
Nellie there was a butterfly farm built on beside it! Twas cool, but wasn't as big as I hoped. Yesterday was the Sunday Market, the best market of them all. Full of Thai people mincing through, that's always a good sign as opposed to tourists.
To all who've sent mails, thanks! Fair play ta ye, appreciate them.
Well it's a five-night Camle ride to Loas tomorrow, or a two day bus/boat/truck journey. Only six hours each day so it's pretty easy going. Get this: If a westerner is caught courtin' a Laos woman, it's an on hte spot fine of five hundred dollars, isn't that gas! Must wann keep the race pure says you. Well I say it's the first step to inbreeding. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if everyone looks suspiciously alike......
Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bean jsut read your robbed story. That sucks. If I could find that woman I'd give her the back of my hand I tell ya.

10:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mam said...
Brian...sorry t hear abt robbery.at leastur on d road again and enjoying urself.ur optomistic outlook will carry u through as always.wont take to rake in d dollars when u hit Oz.luv mam xx

12:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home